studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I've been working on the railroad

Today I was the tech for the 30 year awards for Amtrak. I found that many people still have jobs that after 30 years and being over 60 you get a good retirement and if you work for Amtrak your wife gets one too. in recognition of the years you were away I guess. I sure made me wonder if I will ever retire or if as my old prof at hamp said "they will have to pry the key to my office from my dead hand" or something like that. I guess that loving what you do can make up for the loss of a true retirement atleast I sure hope so. it is 7:10pm and Im still here at my desk Ill go home soon so I can kiss my girls good night and try to put a few more hours into my guitar before bed. HEY IS ANYONE OUT THERE LISTENING. I sure would like to hear from you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog.
Incidentally, railroad pensions were the subject of one of the first reverse discrimination cases, brought as I recall by the husband of a female employee, whose spouse's survival pension was not as large as a female spouse's would have been. In any case, I agree with you that loving what you do is the most important thing in life.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home