studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Cable cable everywhere

Some days you would just be better off if you didn't always have the mind switched on . I have a few hundred cables to make in the next week and all I can think about is non work subjects. My mother who is now 70 is losing touch with the world. She was a reading teacher and language has been her best friend. she can no longer talk well and if you ask me I really cant tell you just how much she understands. I guess that so long as she seems to be happy I should be. I know that the stress on my father is huge. I also know that my help is not something that would make much difference right now. It sometimes feels like my mother is already gone and then there are those few moments that she seems fully engaged. Sitting here and thinking about it makes me sad. Knowing that there is nothing that can be done makes that feeling even more painful. I guess the thing to take away from this is that you tell those who you care about just how much you do care and then if you are taken away from them or they from you you don't feel quite so alone. This is how I must look at all my friendships in the future. On my best days I never thought I would lose some of the friends that I have had. I miss too many people now and my mind seems to take me back to them as to say you still need to tell them even though I cant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home