studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

What we all want

TIME that is what we all want. A chance to spend more of it with out friends our familys and still have the time to work make a living and if we are lucky even some time to be alone too. It seems that the balance is never quite right. Even if your day feels good to you others feel that they have been slighted. The pressure to work is great money is a evil that we all must fall victim to. other people feel that the need to spend time at home is great, regardless of what kind of time it is. I for one can ever seem to get the breakdown to work for both my job and the ones I love. This weekend I was mixing sound for a nice festival, My wife would have rather I spent the time at home. I wanted the work and the money for vacation, She thinks that the kids will better remember me if I spend more time at home and not for the nice ski vacation I want to take this winter. I just wish that for all I can do and the things that I want to do for my family I didnt have to chose so often between my being happy and likeing what I do and the pull to be home. My kids mean the world to me dont get me wrong but I am there to get them to school and Im there most weekends and a few nights a week. Being selfemployed is not all it is cracked up to be. I hope that evreone out there has found a better center of this problem then I have. Comments are welcome as I muddle thru!

1 Comments:

Blogger pi22seven said...

It's easy to work long hours to be able to do things for your family. It's a trap that is hard to escape from.

But when you are gone, what do you think that they'll cherish more: the things you bought them, or the memories you made with them?

You can never make more time my friend, use it wisely.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home