studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Im back

Well I have found out that I really am too old to do this kind of road work. I didnt get much sleep even thought this time the folks next door were quiet. I just dont like the hotel life and living from a suitcase. The part of road work that I do like is the work though. I find that people really do know when you have done a good job and will find nice ways to show that they are happy you came. At the conference I recorded one of the coordinators saw that I didnt leave to go get breakfast because there was a problem with one of the rooms, about 10 min after the start of the meeting she brought me breakfast at the table I had the equipment set up at. I offered to pay for the food and she said "your working hard for us it is the least I can do" . I went from the conference to the sears store in mays landing NJ to replace a paging system. The people in the store seem to know that it is the worst kind of work even if they have never been in the ceiling before! At one point during the day I went to get a soda and when I opened the bottle it sprayed on the floor. I ran for some paper towel but when I got back the mess was gone. One of the stock room workers cleaned it up saying I like hearing the music again thanks for your effort to make the system better cleaning it up was no big thing. They both miss the point, it is a big thing, when most of what you do goes unnoticed unless it is done wrong. I cant tell you how nice it is when you do get a bit of notice for the work and the effort you put into doing a good job. Thank you both for making my week a bit nicer.

jeremy

3 Comments:

Blogger Temair said...

Hey Jeremy!
Don't worry about intruding...I'm not quite sure what you could ask about that I haven't already posted on my blog site. But, just to make you feel better, I promise to virtually bite your head off if you get to nosey ;^) Just kidding...ANYWAY, have a great evening and thanks for being my one and only loyal fan!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Temair said...

THanks for your concern. I don't mind at all (about you being older I mean). Feel free to ask anything (if you have anything to ask) and thanks for the compliment.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there.

Very nice blog :)

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home