studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The good and the bad

I have my new truck now and am quite happy with it. This new is colored by the events of the past week. A friend of mine from college has told me that her brother who was stricken with meningitis in October may be in the last of his life. Much of his systems were damaged due to complications of the meningitis and he is now on a feeding tube and many of the same questions that are in the news today are being asked. One difference is that he did assign a proxy and we do know what his wishes are. I guess that this makes it easier to deal with but it is still very sad and hard to deal with. We have been told there is still hope so we sill wait and see, as per his directive. I do hope that all of you reading will follow his example and mine. Write a living will and tell people where it is and that they need to follow it. Don't make your friends and loved ones guess. Right on down to being burred or cremated TELL PEOPLE. It is the kind and loving thing to do for all of those you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home