studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

PFF

As it has been so shall it be! I am getting ready to do what I have for all of my life, Go to the Phila. Folk Festival. This year as I have for the past 2 or 3 my daughter Suzi will be camping with me. Suzi is now 12 and has a job at fest and will be working back stage with me. I will as in the last few years be dealing with back line gear during the day and color balancing cameras for the evening concerts. I will be camping in a different spot this year down with Canada and the Mermaids. I hope that this will be a good thing. I will miss the oasis and the folks from club ned but the stress that camping there would cause for my friend Ann is not worth the trouble. Summer is almost over and I have started to work on Christmas displays for the malls. good god it is only august 7th and I have placed bids for lighting and have many hours of repair work in the coming weeks. I will be going to fest with a friend in my heart who is no longer with us. Many years ago I was lucky enough to work with Robert Hazard, I was saddened to hear of his passing on Tuesday. He had no reason to be nice to the sound people he just was and the few times I did see him he seemed to remember the shows we did together. May his wife and family find some happiness in the way his music touched those of us that knew him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home