studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting back on the horse

I played at the first open mic I have gone to in about 20 years tonight. I had a blast, I was nervous as all get out but I still had a blast. Ill be going back often and learning a few new songs to take with me. I cant just play loved and lost ballads and sad stuff. I got a real kick out of opening with the song from the wizard of oz "if I only had a brain". so did a few of the people listening. One of the folks who played earlier in the evening was from the band June Rich, Boy I wish I could present the way she did. It was nice to have the chance to play out and have people know some of what I played. I need to go to bed it is way past my bed time. Good night all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jeremy,

found your blog via facebook link. good going on the open mic! i read through a couple of old posts including one named having friends...was I the Gail you mentioned? if so, now that's really spooky, cuz it was right after that I fouond you on facebook! anyway need to be up early to take my daughter to a Bar Mitzvah...later, Gail

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home