studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Happy Passover

Well spring is here and so is the Passover Seder. I guess that for the past 8 to 10 years my sister and I have been doing the Seder for our family. Each year it gets a bit harder for my parents to make the food for the Seder so this year I wanted to do the whole Seder at my house. My dad wouldn't have that. It went ok but as I suspected mom is not able to remember much of the Seder and many of out family melodies have been lost because I don't remember them well enough and my sister is not able to reconstruct them either. I am going to try and get some recordings of the family melodies from my dad if he is willing so I can better learn them for next year. I know my folks are getting old and the chance for these traditions to survive are now with me my sister and our kids. I hope that we can do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Temair said...

Um, I'll address the CD question first: No I have no gotten them, but it's alright cause my school will forward them to me over the summer if they get here after I leave.

Secondly, Dylan told me last night that he's not sure whether or not he and Laura will last the summer...Maybe the thought about being with him has been in my head for the past few days and I don't know what to do about it. I still don't like him in that way, but the possibility of that situation arising has been becoming clearer and more real to me lately. No one knows...It's stressful. All I'm gonna do is keep being his friend and see what happens. That seems like the most logical choice.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home