studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

After the gig

Well things went well for the most part. It was almost 90 degrees out and the humidity was just about as bad by the time the show started. I was set and ready to roll on both stages by 10am I was real happy about that. My sister who gave me her van for the day let me use her easy up tent to cover the house desk. By noon I was real glad she did I was mixing the show for a punk band and the sweat was just rolling off me but the worst was yet to come. All of the equipment worked great the sound by all accounts was the best that they had there in the 10 years of the event. Needless to say Ill be back next year for the event and many folks wanted to know why I wasn't out doing more of this. I will explain that now! The show ended at 4:45 on the schedule but we ran a little over so at 5:00 with the sun still at full I started to put the stuff back in the truck. It was hot and I was moving at a snails pace so as not to have a stroke it took me with some help on the lifting a good hour and 15 min to put all the equipment back in the truck. I was drenched. I was also beet red. I got back to the house and showered then had a quick bite to eat and went back into the soup to unload the truck. After an additional hour of huffing and puffing it was all back in the garage. I won the war I think but boy was I beat. Im not as young as I used to be. My kids had a great time there and so did my wife it was the first time my kids had seen my pa out of the garage. My oldest said she didn't know I had so much stuff(truth be told there were my big boxes still in the garage) and she thought it was fun to be at my show. Ill try to post a picture tomm I have to go cook dinner now. Yeah I still want to play with my toys I guess I need to hire some help to do it though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My father will be so jealous of you. Really. :)

He's in a little band with a bunch of his old guy friends (gosh, they're so old! j/k!!). Although he knows how to play a little of the bass guitar and the drums, his part is to sing. Yes, he's the singer.

He embarrasses us so. Isn't that silly?? I remember waaay back in elementary school...it was the first time we (my sisters and I) came to realize how humiliated we can be by our father. Our school was having a little funfair to raise funds for the school. He went up on stage to sing "Moon River".

Moon River. MOOON RIVER?!!?

Don't get me wrong but I've grown to appreciate oldies. In fact, I live to listen to them now. But still we were embarrassed. The 3 of us ran away giggling to hide in the bathroom till the end of his performance.

It's great that your wife and kids enjoyed themselves supporting your gig! :)

Disappointing daughters we are!

*lol*

Nah, but we do go to his gigs often enough when we're not overseas studying.

He sings really well, I must say though. He and his band should cut an album of covers and remixes!

9:20 PM  
Blogger BQ said...

I just wanted to say thank you so sincerely for your thoughtfulness. I'm sure you are a phenomenal father and I hope your children know how lucky they are.


p.s. you live such an interesting life!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

*hugs, hugs, hugs*

i love yeah!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home