studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Quite the week

I didn't want to post this till it happened but.. I got to work with Bob Dylan this week. Good grief I was a busy boy. Much to clean and fix in the studio for the past few days and then the band gear arrived at 8am on Friday and we were off to the race. It took about 4 hours to get the gear in and set then a few of the band members arrived. As Tommy was unpacking dylans guitars he was letting me have a bit of a rush by playing them and checking out what instruments he had out with him. A nice collection of newer guitars none were from the early days. Too bad. The big man showed up at 4:00 and for then next 8 hours they went at it recording a cover of a apcarter song. I must say that it was a thrill to meet a folk hero of mine not that he talks to anyone much but I did get to say hello. So much for my brush with fame. Yes he still sounds the same and he is very much the singer he was in the 60s and 70s and I still have many things I would have wanted to ask him about but he is a very quiet and private man and it was just not the time or play to do that. No pics not autographs just a memory to keep for a long time and to remember playing bob dylans guitars.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

omg-so sorry i am so late-

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!! BIG HUGS!!! LOVE YEAH!!!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

That is WAY cool. Congratulations!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Kerry M. Conway said...

hi sweetheart! just checking in on yeah! i hope that this little message finds you and your family safe and sound!

love yeah,

kerry

10:26 PM  
Blogger BQ said...

Whoooaaaaa. As someone who loves the Tambourine Man, I am wickedly jealous, but happy that someone so deserving got to meet him. In Seattle there is a music museum and it has one of Dylan's earliest acoustic guitars. I like to go and stare at it, and breath on the glass in awe.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home