studiotek

Just the chance to put my random thoughts out there

My Photo
Name:
Location: conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been in the folk music world for 40+ years and play guitar and some other instruments. I ride a 1970 650 triumph motorcycle.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

old songs fest

My Family and I have been going to this folk fest in up state new york for many years now. In fact I asked my wife to marry me at old songs. That was 20 years ago now and we still find a way each year to make the drive up there and camp for the weekend. This will be the first year that my family (parents and sister) will not be there due to health issues and I will feel a bit strange up there without them. I cant seem to get moving on packing and the work of pulling out all the gear I guess it is the realization that things are changing. too many things are changing My kids are ready to go they cant wait to see their fest friends and run around without worries. They enjoy the size of the place and the fact that it is safe there to wander the midway and see all the music or play when they want to and all they have to do is go back to the blanket to find one of us and tell us where they are going next. It reminds me of when I was young and could do that in the town I grew up in. Have a great week and remember school is out watch out for the kids on bikes and remember they don't think so we have to.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Boobless Brigade Master said...

I know just what you mean about the kids roaming around safely. We used to ride our bikes EVERY WHERE when we were younger. It's sad that our kids can't do it more often...least of all, at home!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home